You want an exercise bike. You want the best. You want a name you can recognize. You want Schwinn. Let’s take a closer look at the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike.
Why Is Schwinn Such a Big Deal?
Founded by Ignaz Schwinn in Chicago at the end of the 19th century, Schwinn was the number one manufacturer of bikes in America for most of the twentieth century. While it no longer has that particular status, Schwinn has, nevertheless, maintained its reputation for excellence in the manufacturing of bikes – whether for the street or for your home gym.
But you shouldn’t consider taking a closer look at the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike just because it is made by a well know brand. So, let’s look a little more closely at what makes this Recumbent a piece worth considering adding to your exercise arsenal.
What is the Advantage of Buying a Recumbent over an Upright Exercise Bike?
It’s all about the knees. Traditional “upright” exercise bikes are great. Period. Well, great for most of us. For some, the recumbent is a much better choice as it relieves the stress on the knees than can be a problem for older riders, those with injuries, or those who simply want a more comfortable ride. You’ll want to check out our other exercise bike reviews to determine if a more traditional upright exercise bike or a recumbent bike is better suited to your particular situation. When it comes to exercising you want to pick the machine that is best for you individually.
What Makes This Bike Special?
- Looking for something new and improved? This bike has home great, new, innovative features
- Like state of the art tech? A new, improved, display screen has been made with you in mind.
- Want some distraction during your workout? The ability to watch movies, connect to your i-Pad, or read your Kindle right on the display screen (all while charging your device) will fit the bill.
- Afraid you’ll max out? Not with 25 levels of resistance!
- Tired of outdoor biking trails with all the bumps? This is a super smooth rider.
- Afraid of bothering those you live with because of the noise? This piece is quiet. You don’t have to worry about bothering your husband, wife, kids or roommates with this bike
- Turned off of biking by the discomfort of poorly made and designed seats? The Schwinn Recumbent was made with comfort in mind. A padded seat and a fluid sliding rail make the this one comfortable bike. Forget the bumps of riding out of doors, you’ll never want to leave your house to ride again!
- Afraid of getting overheated? Not with a three speed fan keeping you cool enough to push through “the wall” and lengthen your ride.
- Worried about keeping hydrated on that longer ride? Don’t be. Schwinn has you covered with a water bottle holder built right into the bike.
- Want to see how your workout is progressing? The built-in heart rate monitor will allow you to make sure you are in “the zone,” maximizing the calories you will be burning and thus the pounds you will be shedding during your workout.
- Tired of wearing annoying headphones or earbuds while sweating? Forget about it. We’re talking about sealed acoustic speakers on this baby.
- Sick of keeping track of your progress in that notebook with your pen (how twentieth century!)? With Schwinn connect and My Fitness Pal you can monitor your activity right online.
- Like to mix it up? We’re talking 29 programs. 4 user settings. Goal tracking. Talk about making it easy to keep your head in the game and your motivation up!
- Not the handiest man in the world? No problemo. Customers report an assembly time of only ninety minutes when working to build the machine alone. Shorter times will be had if you build it with another person.
- Not convinced that you can assemble it? Amazon offers the option of including assembly for less than $90.00.
- Not an average height? Schwinn has you covered. The adjustable seat on this Recumbent Bike will fit most users.
- Wanting to trim down from a larger than usual waist line? Customers as big as 350 pounds have used the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike and report satisfaction at the sturdy construction.
- Looking for something that is tried and true? As of this writing, the 270 has over seven hundred and nineteen reviews and averages a 4.5 star rating. You can’t ask for much more than that!
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has a ton of pluses. However, I recommend looking at our other reviews to see which bike will best suit your specific situation and needs. You can also click over to Amazon to see what customers are saying. The Schwinn 270 might just become your favorite workout item in your home!