Years of development and design come together in the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym, a complete gym for any home gym. The stylish red and black color scheme adds a vibrant touch of aesthetic appeal to this hardcore exercise machine. Bowflex has long been known as an innovator in the home gym market, using their own system of rod resistance and quick change manipulation to provide a wide assortment of exercises in a single machine. The space saving design of this all-in-one home gym allows you to set it up in a convenient spot in your home and start training right away! Featuring a built-in rowing machine component, the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym also gives you a pounding cardio workout for complete training. The 640 user reviews on Amazon.com give this home gym an outstanding 4 and ½ star user rating, which shows great overall customer satisfaction in the product quality, functionality and durability.
Home Gym Main Features
From its modern looks to the multitude of exercises that can be performed, the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym has several modern features that you won’t find in other home gym machines. Here is a list of general features of this home gym unit that demonstrate how it stands apart from common home gyms –
- All-in-1 Home Gym provides over 30 basic exercises
- Easy to use rod resistance system
- Versatile bench with 2 adjustment positions
- Triple function hand grips for varied exercise movements
- Affordably priced
- Lat pulldown tower for back and arm exercises
- Rowing machine component for enhanced cardiovascular conditioning
- Multiple cable pulley positions allows easy adjustments for different exercises
- Over 210 pounds of resistance
- Exercise instructional placard is posted for easy reading and understanding of different basic exercises
- Dual upholstered rollers
- Quiet and smooth operation
- Works the entire body
- 100 inch x 78 inch x 7 ft. high minimum workout area required
Why You Should Buy This
There are certain features specific to the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym that make it a great option for you to choose for your private home gym, especially if you are looking for a full body strength training routine as well as a cardio conditioning aspect in a single, space saving unit. Here are some strong points for you to consider particular to this home gym –
- The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is designed to provide a great strength conditioning AND cardio workout all in one convenient home gym so that you don’t have to purchase separate machines for strength training and cardio conditioning. This not only saves you money, but space that you need to allocate for your home gym area.
- The special resistance rods increase the tension as you continue throughout the path of the exercise movement. The harder that you train, the greater the resistance that is provided. Bowflex is well known for this system over several years of product development.
- Multi-adjustable handles allow for varied positioning and eases wrist strain by providing freedom of motion during exercise
- The rowing machine component for enhanced cardio conditioning folds out of the way when not in use. There’s no need for a separate, cumbersome rowing machine.
- Handles can be used independently of each other for isolated arm training or in conjunction with each other to target major muscle groups
- Ideally suited for use with basic bodybuilding and body toning lifting techniques or with Super Slow training due to the increased tension that is produced as the movement increases and the rods gain more flexion
- Simple to use design is great for beginning users, while experienced lifters can thoroughly train their muscles as well
- Upholstered rollers for leg work are standard – not cheap foam roller pads that are common with most home gym machines
- Basic exercises are posted right on the tower for a quick reference guide and to help you effectively move from one exercise to the next
- Upgrade kits are available, (and sold separately), to increase the rod resistance weight to approximate 310 lbs. or 410 lbs.
- Rowing machine component works on a slide rail system, allowing you to define the rate of speed that you will row at
- Unit weight: 125 lbs.
- 300 pound maximum user weight capacity
- Starting resistance provided is as little as 5 lbs. – Maximum resistance provided is 210 lbs. (without additional upgrade kits)
Why Not To Buy This
- Because of the rod spread, this home gym requires a bit more room than some other home gym machines (approximately 5 ft. in width and 7 ft. in length in actual user needed space while using the machine
- Initial assembly takes at least 1 to 2 hours
Backed by years of experience and with millions of satisfied users, Bowflex continues to make the home gym experience an affordable option. This specific model is ideal for those looking to shred excess weight while toning and sculpting their muscles. The added feature of a built in rowing machine that runs on a sliding rail system gives you an additional hardcore cardio aspect that is not commonly found in many home gyms on the market today. The sleek look, dual color red and black upholstery, special rod tension resistance system and versatile functions combine to make the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym a great addition to any home gym set up. Add to this the affordable price point and you can get started on your path to getting in the best shape of your life without breaking your bank.