Pull-Up bars. Chin-Up bars. Weapons of mass construction. Reminders of the nightmares you had in sixth grade. Whatever you call them, pull-up bars have been a home gym staple for many years. Ever since the first Neanderthal man saw a tree branch and starting getting bigger and stronger than the competition, men have known the value of this timeless exercise. With the Doorway Trainer Plus Stamina has taken the power of the pull-up and made it quite simply the most convenient exercise you’ll have at your disposal.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the questions you might have about Stamina Doorway Trainer Plus. We’ll consider both the most outstanding pros and some of the biggest areas for concern with the Doorway Trainer so you can make an informed decision.
What Makes The Doorway Trainer Plus Stand Out?
- You want handgrips? We have handgrips! With the Stamina Doorway Trainer Plus you have five – count ‘em five – different hand grip positions to choose from.
- Built to last. The steel construction on the Doorway Trainer Plus means you’ll have this for a long time.
- Many possible workouts with one simple piece of equipment including,
- Pull ups
- Tricep dips
- Push ups
- Chin ups
- Sit ups
- Can be used both in your doorframe and on the floor depending on what exercise you want to do and what body part you want to build.
- Comfortable hand grips. Forget about slipping off the bar in the middle of your pull up set, the Doorway Plus has large comfortable hand grips to keep your hands from slipping, leaving you with NO excuses for not reaching your pull up count goals.
- As of the time of writing this review, the Doorway Trainer has a 4.5 star review with well over 600 customer reviewers. You can’t beat that kind of customer satisfaction.
Why Shouldn’t I Purchase It?
- If you have an extra wide door that you want to hang your pull-up bar from, the Doorway Plus isn’t for you.
- If you feel more secure with a screw mounted pull-up bar, the Doorway Plus isn’t for you (your weight and the tension the bar produces by being set-up in the doorway hold it in place).
- If you want a piece that can accommodate several users at once, the Doorway Plus isn’t for you.
- If you weight more than 250 pounds, the Doorway Plus isn’t for you.
We’ve talked about the strength building benefits of Stamina’s Doorway Trainer Plus. We’ve seen some reasons why you might opt for something a bit different (make sure to check out our other pull-up, chin-up, and Power Tower reviews). It’s up to you. What are you going to use to incorporate one of the world’s oldest exercises into your daily (yes, daily, that’s one big advantage of body-weight exercises) fitness routine? The Stamina Doorway Trainer is more than just another pull-up / chin bar, it is a multifaceted “trainer” ready to take you to the next level of fitness right in the comfort of your own home.