Let’s take a closer look at the cycle trainer’s main features for you to understand why the trainer comes highly recommended.
- Frame: Heavy duty crank & steel frame
- Display: LCD display (shows distance, speed, time, scan and calories burned)
- Chain mechanism: Has a chain drive mechanism
- Brake pad: Felt fabric brake pad with micro adjustable tension
- Flywheel: 22-pound chrome flywheel
- Seat: Fully adjustable seat height (lowest setting 27 inches, seat to pedal, highest setting 33 inches, seat to pedal).
- Resistance: Adjustable
- Product dimensions: Measures 32 by 22 by 45 inches in length, width and height respectively when assembled.
- Weight: Weighs 67 pounds
- Maximum user weight: 220 pounds
- Warranty: Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty
Top pros: Why people love the Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Trainer
- It’s affordable
At just $159.99, many people find the indoor cycle trainer affordable. Most cycle trainers with a heavy duty crank and steel frame among other impressive features (present in this cycle trainer) are more expensive. You’re getting a great deal
- Variable training intensity
Many people also love the fact that you can vary the intensity of your training as you wish using the trainer’s tension knob. This feature allows a user to increase or decrease workout resistance, making workouts highly personalized. The trainer is perfect for any person regardless of their skill level thanks to this feature.
- Highly adjustable/customizable
The cycle trainer has also been rated highly for being highly adjustable. You can use the cycle trainer comfortably regardless of your height. The lowest seat to pedal setting (27 inches) and the highest setting (33 inches) can accommodate just about anyone and all you need to do is simply twist and pull a knob. You can also move the seat backward and forward to achieve perfect placement. Very few cycle trainers in a similar price range allow custom seat placement.
- Useful LCD display
Customers also love the cycle trainer’s display because it is highly functional. You can monitor all important workout metrics from speed and distance to time, calories burned, and much more. The screen also has a scan feature that allows to continuously repeat workout metrics to keep you updated on your progress.
- Great operation (smooth and silent)
There are also many positive reviews around the trainer’s smooth and silent operation. Unlike most cycle trainers in the market today, you get a silent cycle trainer that is very smooth at all speeds.
What’s not so great?
- Low max user weight
Some people feel the maximum user weight is a bit low at 220 pounds. Most cycle trainers have a maximum user weight of 250-300 pounds.
- A bit heavy
There are also complaints about the trainer’s weight. Some people feel 67 pounds is a bit too heavy to move around.
This indoor cycle trainer may have a lower maximum user weight than usual and be a bit heavy, however, it is still a great piece of equipment for home fitness. The trainer has all you need and more to do amazing cardio workouts alongside any other exercises you may want to do at home.