The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is a bestselling folding semi-recumbent exercise bike that is popular for its capabilities and great price. At under $150, you can own this highly rated semi-recumbent folding bike and enjoy a variety of great workouts minus the bulkiness associated with most recumbent bikes. The Exerpeutic 400XL features a space saving design that makes it easy to use and store the bike in small spaces.
The bike also has other superior features like; a precision-balanced flywheel, V-belt double-drive transmission, 8-level magnetic tension control system (for varying resistance) and an easy-to-read LCD screen that tracks heart rate, scan, speed, calories burned, time and distance. The Exerpeutic 400XL is perfect for you if you dislike upright bikes or if you are currently recovering from injury. The bike’s large backrest and seat cushion offer unmatched support and accommodate people of all body sizes and types.
Main features and specifications
- Display: Easy-to-read LCD display screen (tracks time, speed, calories, heart rate and distance).
- Transmission type: V-belt double-drive transmission
- Flywheel features: Precision-balanced flywheel
- Type: Foldable Recumbent exercise bike
- Design: Semi-recumbent to allow easy entry/exit
- Seat: Features a large seat cushion and a backrest
- Tension control system: 8-Level magnetic tension adjustable control system
- Dimensions: Measures 19w x 46H x 33D inches
- Maximum weight capacity: 300 pounds
- User height: Ideal for users who are between 5 feet, 2 inches and 6 feet, 2 inches
- Weight: The bike weighs 39 pounds
- Warranty: Sold with a 1-year limited warranty
Top Pros: Main reasons people love the Exerpeutic 400XL Recumbent bike
- Large LCD screen
Unlike most recumbent bikes, the Exerpeutic 400XL has a large LCD display measuring 3.3 by 1.5 inches. According to most reviews, this display is large enough to offer clear readings. You don’t have to strain to see all workout metrics clearly.
- Great easy-to-use/space saving design
Many people also like how the bike’s design allows easy entry/exit. The bike is also designed to save space. Almost all customers love the fact that the bike fits perfectly in small spaces during use and storage. The bike folds to half its size and features transportation wheels.
- Very comfortable
The bike’s comfort levels have also been praised. The Exerpeutic 400XL has a large seat and back rest that offers users unmatched comfort regardless of body type and size. The handle bars also offer a comfortable grip.
The Exerpeutic 400XL’s tech features also stand out. Features such as hand pulse sensors located on the handlebars make the bike sophisticated and highly functional.
- Smooth quiet operation
Customers also like the fact that the bike operates smoothly and consistently. This benefit can be attributed to the bike’s 3-piece crank system, V-belt drive, and precision balanced flywheel. It doesn’t get smoother and more silent the Exerpeutic 400XL. You can workout anywhere in your home without causing any disturbance.
Cons: What isn’t great about the Exerpeutic 400XL?
- Less engaging than an upright bike
Recumbent bikes don’t engage the abdominal muscles as much as upright bikes.
- Suitable for beginners only
If you’re a serious athlete, the Exerpeutic 400XL may not be ideal for you.
The Exerpeutic 400XL is highly rated because of the bike’s price and great features. If you’re looking for the best semi-recumbent folding bike in the market today for beginners, the Exerpeutic 400XL will serve you perfectly. The bike is sizable, high-tech and comfortable just to mention a few top benefits.