Elliptical trainers come highly recommended because of the lack of potentially damaging impact on the joints. The Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer comes with an added benefit; you can use it while seated or standing up. This makes it an ideal workout solution for the office or when you are watching TV. It is also a great alternative to running or the treadmill for people with back and joint problems.
- Pedal-only chassis
The In-Motion elliptical features a lower chassis only with no handlebars like traditional elliptical trainers. This gives it a compact size, providing easy portability and allowing users to place it anywhere including under the desk.One advantage of this structure is that it forces you to engage your upper body when you are in a standing position. This is important in maintaining balance and in the process you get to strengthen your upper body muscles.
- Two motion directions – forward and reverse
Pedaling the elliptical one way can honestly get old and boring. The In-Motion trainer has pedals that can turn forwards and backwards. So when you get tired of going forward, just start pedaling in reverse. This provides a little bit of variety in your workouts.
- Adjustable resistance
The foundation of any effective workout is resistance. It builds stamina, speed and strength. The In-Motion trainer comes with a tension knob where you can change the level of resistance. A plus and minus sign indicates the direction to turn the knob in when you want higher or lower tension.Lower resistance is recommended when you are warming up and when you want to build endurance by pedaling for longer. A higher tension setting comes in handy when you want to build your leg and thigh muscles as well as your glutes.
- Attached fitness monitor
A display attached to the trainer shows you how many strides you have taken, strides per minute (speed), duration and amount of calories burned.
What are its Benefits?
- You can exercise sitting or standing up. The sitting position allows you to get a workout when you are working, studying or watching TV. You can also pedal when standing, a position that helps you improve balance.
- Low impact on your back and joints. Running, whether outside or on the treadmill, exerts stress on the ankles, knees and back. While most people can take the extra pressure, some people tend to develop serious joint and back problems. The In-Motion elliptical is perfect for them. Even if you are healthy, the low impact nature of the trainer will keep your joints and back healthier for longer.
- You can use it anywhere. The In-Motion trainer is incredibly compact. You can travel with it, place it under your desk, use it in your living room and anywhere else you can. It has the added advantage of running at almost absolute silence, meaning you do not have to worry about disturbing others.
- Amazingly affordable. It is available for less than $100 on Amazon.
The main issue to note is that it is not safe for people with balance impairment. The lack of handlebars can be a serious safety issue for such individuals. For most people however, it is an opportunity to strengthen the core.
Who is it for?
Anyone. Whether you are a professional athlete, a busy stay-at-home dad or an office secretary, the In-Motion elliptical trainer has immense health and fitness benefits for you. It is particularly useful for the elderly, those with joint and back issues and anyone who likes to sneak in a workout whenever they have a free 5 minutes.